Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Extras

One of the benefits of making a hexagon charm quilt is all the extra fabric you have laying around. In one of the scrap packs I got from etsy was this heavyweight fabric. It was much thicker than the rest of my quilt fabrics. I was worried about how that would affect the quilt, so I set it aside, uncertain of what to use it for.
Until yesterday!
I don't know where my travel mugs are, so I got another one at Kohl's (50% off! yeah!). I love this style of mug, but that image on the insert? bleh.
Since the mug was was already customizable, I just pulled out both layers (the 'friends are awesome' one and the throw-away one with the generic friends) and used one as a template for cutting my fabric. The fabric is thicker and stiffer than most, so it stands up (literally) inside the mug.
I love the contrast of the metal rings and the softness of the fabric inside. And the colors are awesome too! Yay for extra fabric!

I'm tempted to go back to Kohl's and get a lot more to customize and sell (on my new etsy store, which is admittedly rather blah right now). But I'm worried about copyright and legal issues. Any advice on that front?

No comments:

Post a Comment