Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Step 3: Cutting fabric

I have a confession to make: I went shopping again today.

In my defense, I did need to get some specific supplies for some Christmas presents I'm making, and there was a coupon, and I still didn't have a seam ripper. And there was a fabric sale. Oh the fabric.



While I was there, with my 20% off coupon, I went ahead and got more blades for my 28mm rotary cutter. Even though my 45mm rotary cutter is on the way. I was anxious to get back to cutting. My first rotary blade apparently got a ding in it. Dings = bad. Super bad. But a working rotary cutter is, to borrow a phrase from Juno, totally boss.

Tonight, I cut 184 3" squares of fabric. My back and neck are sore.

Later, I plan on figuring out how many different fabrics I have. Or at least how many squares could look like different fabrics. That's all that really counts. right?



Now I need to grade some papers. Somebody's gotta earn the money to pay for all this fabric, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment