Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

Step 1: Research

The first hexagon quilt I saw wasn't even finished yet and I still thought it looked really cute.  It was made by Stephanie @ sweetchrysanthemum.com.  I used to spend a good bit of time every day on the Pieces of Flair app on Facebook. I LOVED looking at all the designs people would make for their buttons and findin new ones. I would spend time every week or so rearranging my board and making new patterns, just enjoying the combination of colors and patterns.  The hexagon charm quilts reminded me of those.

Then one day I was bored at work. Right now I have two part-time jobs. One of them involves sitting at a computer for at least 20 hours a week. And there isn't always work to do for the entirety of those 20 hours. So I spend a lot of time on etsy and whatnot. And then I started researching hexagon quilts.
I googled.
I read. I looked at all the beautiful fabrics out there.

I. got. hooked.

I started visiting Joanne fabric and the multitude of quilt shops around the Seacoast NH. I couldn't find the paper hexagons anywhere, but one nice lady offered to order me some. They still haven't come in yet, but in the mean time, I found a template maker that can produce any size hexagon you need in a handy .pdf!

So. Here I am. Starting a new blog to document my new obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment