Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Step 5: Travel kit

If I'm going to finish any time in the next decade, I need to be able to treat hex-making like I treated my homework in elementary school.
Do a little here and there and you don't have any to do at home.

No wait.

I'll still have more to do at home.  But I do need to be able to work on my quilt when work is slow at my one job, or when my students are taking a test at my other job, or when my tutoree is taking a long time to work thorught a problem.

So I made a travel kit. One of the blogger-ladies I found when I was doing my research talked about making a travel kit for a long airplane ride and family vacation.  She took over 100 with her and made 90 on the flight to Hawaii. She hot-glued magnets to the side to hold the pins, and had fabric and paper hexagons and pins and thread and needles and a fancy little needle threader and everything!

I am not planning a trip to Hawaii any time soon, so mine didn't need to be as big. Just big enough to get me throught the down time at work. So I went to a home goods type store and got myself a little snap lock container and filled it up. I tried the hot glue thing, but the little snippers I have kept pulling it off. I gave up on the magnets actually sticking to the side.

But I love my little travel kit! It holds everything I need for a day out and fits quite well into my (admitedly large-ish) purse!
Ta da!

IMG_0384

No comments:

Post a Comment